<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11123526\x26blogName\x3dFrom+The+Digital+Sweatshop\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://digitalsweatshop.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://digitalsweatshop.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7564036364961171169', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
From The Digital Sweatshop
The Music, Art and Travels of Alan D. Oldham a.k.a. DJ T-1000.

Blah Blah Blah.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well spring has sprung! It's so warm out there you don't need a coat. It's insane. It's supposed to be back cold again tomorrow, though. I hate Chicago. LOL.

Not much new to report. Work, work, work. Jimmy gave me his cold and I've been fighting through that the past few days. I get a lot of colds, I need to see a doctor. This must be what it's like to be in a band. One guy gets something and everyone gets sick.

We laid down some vocals for the trip-hop album last week with Jane. It turned out great. It's like pro work, something you'd hear on the radio or in a movie. My stuff has never sounded this good before. Jim and Jane are taking it to a new level.

I ship the artwork to Berlin this week for the gallery show. Excited about that. Also touring my ass off while I'm in Europe, see dates on the left. More to be announced. 2007 has started off so nicely for me and I'm thankful for that.

I haven't really worked on JOHNNY GAMBIT in a while. Busy with the new paintings/fighting a cold/sleeping/working on the trip-hop album. I'll get back to it when I'm in Berlin. I get a lot of artwork done when I'm over there. When the first issue is complete I'll begin shopping it.

I have contacted three of my favorite comic artists via e-mail and Myspace over the past months about doing some alternate covers for the first issue and none of them have gotten back to me. I'm offering money, of course. If you're too booked, just hit me back right quick and say you can't do it. I mean, what is that?

Speaking of comics, "300" (based on a Frank Miller comic) opened at $70 million (!) so I guess it's a hit. Haven't seen it yet, though. Now you see why I'm back doing comics.

So I kinda know one of the girls on "America's Top Model" this season. There's this girl on there named Sarah Von. She is friends with this kid Derrick, who used to live in my building, and who was/is a male model (he looks like an Abercrombie model, you girls would love him). A real "six degrees" type-thing. Sarah's an actual model here in Chicago. Been in magazines, the whole bit. I actually ran into her last year in Wicker Park while I was out jogging. Now I look up and she's famous.

This, of course, means I'm three degrees from HER.

Jeff and Yoko are having an opening reception for their store day after tomorrow over on Division. I guess me and Giaxia will check it out. It would be nice if it was as warm as it is today, but it'll be back to freezing by then.

The Neon Sex Fiend "Elektrofive" is finally in pre-order phase and is also being supported by Dave Clarke on his Whitenoise radio show. It's 100% electro with lyrics and vocals by me and remixes by DJ K-1, Ultradyne and Miles Christian. Have a listen.

My friend Darius told me his father died. I'm really sorry for his loss. I was looking forward to chillin' with Darius when I went back to Berlin, but he'll be in the USA tending to family matters the whole time I'm there. =(

Shout-out this time to Sleepy and Boo from NYC for their super-professionalism.

-AO :: 5:37 PM :: << Home>>